As member of the brakes engineering team of IDIADA Group, you will be responsible for leading the brakes systems integration of a brand new full electric light commercial vehicle for a French vehicle manufacturer. You will work in close cooperation with a team of highly skilled and passionate engineers from our business units worldwide to meet the customer’s expectations of quality and schedule.
The technical scope will cover both conventional braking systems components as well as modulation components (ABS/ESP, vacuum pump, wheel speed sensors, …)
Activities will include
- Build and follow-up the physical and virtual test validation plan (OneVal) with performance leaders and Tier1 suppliers
- Prepare complete documentation ahead of various milestones (tooling launch, system performance, design rules validation & exceptions, customer servicing, …)
- Manage communication with Tier1 suppliers
- Manage complete parts database (Bill of materials, evolution traceability, diversity table, …)
- Elaborate safety confirmation files and technical documentation for homologation
- Manage quality processes (milestone quality checks, non-recurrent list, unique problem list, … )
- Check conformity of prototypes at various stages and support vehicle debugging
- Review the assembly processes and the different assembly workplaces
- Continuously update systems design process procedures Requirements
The position will be based in IDIADA IdF office (located in Sèvres) as well as in Client’s site (Yvelines).
Periodic visits to IDIADA main technical centre in Spain will be necessary for different purposes (i.e., project reviews and reporting, trainings, etc.).
- Hand’s on, pro-active and helpful attitude
- At least 2 years’ experience in Brakes system integration
- At least 5 years’ experience in brakes engineering either within an OEM or Tier1 supplier
- Advanced English level
- Intermediate Spanish level is a plus
- Willingness to work in international environment
- Knowledge of general design tools and processes (CATIA, OneVal, NPDM, SIGNE)