July 25, 2023
The KDT JU co-funded project aims to reach five main objectives:
• to pave the way towards a new area of technological advances that will realise trusted extended Lifetime and MTBF for GaN, SiC, MEMS devices monitored with an ultra-stable Quantum reference, targeting up to 120 000 h of lifetime extension,
• to deliver eco-design-based technological innovations that will lead to the deployment of Digital assets and Services for ECS to ensure extended lifetime,
• to deploy efficient mechanisms that will facilitate and enable Standardization and Qualification Procedures fostering economy of scale,
• to realise accelerated energy transition in automotive, infrastructure and aviation domains; it will also strengthen the pan-European ecosystem exploiting the new era of power electronics in the three complementary industries,
• to ensure the deployment of tools, technologies and mechanisms that will strengthen Europe’s competitiveness for a resilient, cyclic economy.
In ARCHIMEDES, components, models, and methodologies will be developed, to increase the efficiency and lifetime of the electric propulsion systems, power generation technology, and energy storage devices in automotive, aviation, and infrastructure domains.
More information can be found in ARCHIMEDES' website.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT: ARCHIMEDES receives funding within the Key Digital Technologies Joint Undertaking (KDT JU) - the Public-Private Partnership for research, development and innovation under Horizon Europe – and National Authorities under Grant Agreement No 101112295.
Funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union or the granting authority. Neither the European Union nor the granting authority can be held responsible for them.